Sunday’s AFC contest marks the 27th regular season matchup between Kansas City and Cincinnati, with the two splitting the series 13-13 in the regular season. The 4-5 Bengals are coming off of a lambasting over the New York Giants while the Chiefs are still looking for their first win at Arrowhead.
This weekend’s game is themed to honor those who have served or are serving in our armed forces. Head coach Romeo Crennel is eager to gain a victory at Arrowhead, especially for Military Appreciation Day which remains close to his heart.
If the Chiefs can showcase the same drive and aggression they had this past Monday night, while also eliminating mistakes and thriving off of a home field advantage, they may be able to accomplish their goals in front of the home crowd.
- The Chiefs are fourth in the NFL in rushing offense, averaging 149.0 yards per contest on the ground.
- Kansas City ranks second in the NFL allowing only 150 first downs.
Records to Watch
- Dwayne Bowe has 81 career receptions of 20 yards, tied for the second-highest total in team history. He needs one more to move past WR Eddie Kennison (81) for second place.
On This Day
- On Nov. 18, 1990, the Chiefs defeated the San Diego Chargers by the score of 27-10 at Arrowhead Stadium to begin a four-game winning streak that helped the team eventually earn a spot in an AFC Wild Card playoff game.
- 1928 - The first successful sound-synchronized animated cartoon premiered in New York. It was Walt Disney's Steamboat Willie, starring Mickey Mouse. (Subsequently, Walt Disney spent four years in Marceline, Missouri – not far from the Kingdom.)