The Chiefs are back on the road for the first time in three weeks. Kansas City closed out a three-game home stretch with an emotional 27-21 win vs. the Carolina Panthers at Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs enter Sunday’s game with a 2-10 record while the Browns sit at 4-8. The regular season series between the Chiefs and Browns is currently tied at 10-10-2.
Injury Update: S Kendrick Lewis (shoulder), T Branden Albert (back), S Eric Berry (hand) were limited in practice this week and are questionable to play on Sunday. LB Tamba Hali (knee) was also limited in practice for most of the week but was in full participation on Friday and is probable for Sunday. DL Allen Bailey was placed on injured reserve; Crennel said Allen’s recovery should take up to four weeks. LB Derrick Johnson (hamstring), CB Brandon Flowers (hamstring) and G Jeff Allen are questionable. S Abram Elam (quad) is doubtful, G Russ Hochstein (back) is questionable and C/G Ryan Lilja (knee) is probable.
- The Chiefs committed one penalty in Sunday’s game. It marked the fewest total penalties committed in a single game this season. It was the fewest penalties the Chiefs have committed in a single game since committing one penalty vs. Buffalo (9/11/11).
- DT Shaun Smith played in Cleveland for two seasons (2007-08) and QB Brady Quinn originally entered the NFL as a first-round selection (22nd overall) of the Browns in the 2007 NFL Draft.
- LB Justin Houston recorded 1.0 sack of Panthers QB Cam Newton and 2.0 sacks of Denver QB Peyton Manning the past two Sundays, giving him 10.0 sacks for the season. His 10.0 sacks lead the Chiefs, rank fourth in the AFC and are tied for fifth in the NFL in 2012.
- K Ryan Succop converted both of his field goals in last Sunday’s contest (42 and 52 yards), giving him 94 made field goals for his career, moving past K Pete Stoyanovich (93) for third-most field goals in team history.
Records to Watch
- Dwayne Bowe has 413 career receptions to rank third in Chiefs history, needing four more catches to move past WR Henry Marshall (416) for second.
- Jamaal Charles has 721-career carries, becoming the ninth Chiefs player to record at least 700 carries for his career.
- Derrick Johnson has three-career INT returns for TDs, tying for the fifth-most in team history. He needs one more to tie S Lloyd Burruss (4) for fourth.
On this day
- On Dec. 9, 1990, the Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Denver Broncos 31-20 at Arrowhead Stadium, in a season in which the club finished 11-5 and earned a playoff berth.
- Also on this day, in 1978, the first game of the Women's Pro Basketball League (WBL) was played between the Chicago Hustle and the Milwaukee Does, in 1992 Britain's Prince Charles and Princess Diana announced their separation and actor Kirk Douglas turns 95 years old today.