For the sixth-consecutive season, the Chiefs will face the Buffalo Bills. Sunday’s contest marks the 42nd regular season matchup between the two teams and Buffalo holds a 23-17-1 all-time record against the Chiefs.
Unfortunately, the Chiefs have not had much success in Buffalo over years, going winless at Ralph Wilson Stadium since 1986. Sunday’s game will be a chance to break the losing stretch in Buffalo and go to 9-0 for only the second time in franchise history.
- This is the first time in Head Coach Andy Reid’s 15-year coaching career that he’s started a season 8-0. His previous best start was a 7-0, in the 2004 season with the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Following last week’s win against the Browns, Chiefs QB
- Kansas City has held all eight of its opponents to 17 points or fewer this season, the second best stretch in NFL history, behind the 1977 Atlanta Falcons, who managed to hold their opponents nine-straight games under 17 points.
- The Chiefs rank first in the NFL with 36.0 sacks.
- The Chiefs defense has recorded 10 interceptions through Week 8 to tie for third in the AFC and tie for sixth in the NFL.
- Chiefs and Bills Connections: Chiefs Head Athletic Trainer Rick Burkholder (1993-98) was on Pittsburgh’s staff as an assistant athletic trainer, while Bills General Manager Doug Whaley (1995) held the title of pro personnel assistant; Buffalo Owner Ralph Wilson Jr. was a part of the group who founded the American Football League in 1960, spearheaded by Chiefs Founder Lamar Hunt.
Records to Watch
- Chiefs RB
- Chiefs LB
- Chiefs LB
On this Day
On November 3, 1975, "Good Morning America" premiered on ABC-TV. On this day in 1994, there was a total solar eclipse in South America for 4 minutes and 23 seconds.
Also on November 3rd, Roseanne Barr (61) is celebrating her birthday, along with Kendall Jenner (18), Elizabeth Smart (26) and Phil Simms (59).