Parking & Stadium Gate Times
It’s Chiefs game day! And it’s almost Christmas time, which means members of the Marine Corps will be collecting toys for boys or girls up to age 13.
For nearly five decades, the Chiefs have hosted the annual Toys for Tots collection along with members of the Marine Corps. Now in its 47th season, the Chiefs Toys for Tots drive dates back further than any other NFL franchise. The tradition will continue on Sunday with many places around the stadium to donate a new and unwrapped toy.
Below is the list of locations to donate:
• 50 yard line at the Tower Gate and the Founder’s Plaza
• Gate D, Gate F, Hy-Vee Gate and the Sprint Gate
• End Zones at Gate C and G
See the full list of gate openings below:
• 8:00a.m. – Toll Plazas ready to open
• 8:30 a.m. – Parking lots open
• 9:00a.m. – Toys for Tots Collection begins
• 9:30 a.m. – Club level gates open
• 10:30 a.m. – Stadium gates open
Tailgating and Fan Fun
There is a lot to do if you happen to wander away from your tailgate. Don’t hesitate to check out some of the cool things that are happening around the perimeter of the stadium.
Chiefs Tailgate Party presented by Bud Light
• This party is located inside the Champions Room of the Pavilion, just South of Arrowhead Stadium and will be going strong from 8:30a.m.-12:00p.m.
• Guests get all kinds of perks including all-you-can-eat catering, ice-cold beverages, and a weather proof space to catch the pregame show.
• There will also be a giveaway of Chiefs Cheerleader Calendar, Chiefs memorabilia and tailgate tickets to the next game.
• Chiefs Ambassadors, KC Wolf, former Chiefs players and cheerleaders will be in attendance to meet and greet.
• Interested? Buy your tickets now at PrimeSport.com/Chiefs or at the Pavilion on game day.
65TPT Crew Tailgate Special
• Don’t forget to tweet @KCChiefs_Rachel to let me know why your tailgate should be featured on kcchiefs.com. Be sure to mention where your tailgate is located and include pictures if you have them.
Ford Fan Experience
• It’s fun for kids and adults at the Ford Fan Experience! Stop by this interactive area between the Sprint Gate and the Hy-Vee Gate at the Founder’s Plaza between 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. to check out the action.
• This is a great family- friendly location with inflatable games, a photo booth and face painting. Susie and Warpaint, Chiefs Cheerleaders and KC Wolf will stop by prior to kickoff.
Hy-Vee Hot Zone
• Located just inside of the Hy-Vee Gate from 9:30 a.m.-kickoff the band, Paramount will perform and a Chiefs Ambassador will be there greeting Chiefs fans.
Be on the lookout for these festivities once you’re in your seats.
Below is the list of in-game activities and times:
• 11:47a.m. – First Pass: Dyane Smokorowski, Kansas Teacher of the Year and Cathy Cartier, Missouri Teacher of the Year
• 11:49a.m. – Don’t miss KC Wolf take down a Panther
• 11:51a.m. – Chiefs Cheerleaders perform
• 11:55a.m. – Chiefs Player Intro video followed by the Chiefs entering the field
• 11:57a.m. – McConnell Air Force Base Guard Honor Guard enters field
• 11:58a.m. – National Anthem performed by Patrick Mason followed by a flyover from the U.S. Navy
• 12:00p.m. – Coin Toss Captain of the game is Chandler Hedrick
• 12:01p.m. – Sister Berta and Sister Corita from Operation Breakthrough will beat the Chiefs Drum and lead the crowd in the Tomahawk Chop
• 12:02p.m. – KICKOFF!
Meet the Chiefs Cheerleaders!
The 2012 - 2013 Chiefs Cheerleaders Swimsuit Calendar is available at novelty stands throughout Arrowhead. The Chiefs Cheerleaders will be around Arrowhead signing autographs throughout the game. Be sure to check them out here:
First quarter – Section 107
Second quarter – Section 125
Third quarter – Section 118
Fourth quarter – Hall of Honor and Team Store
Topeka West Charger Band will perform and there will also be a special surprise for a Chiefs Hall of Famer.
Directly outside of the Hy-Vee Gate, staff will be handing out Chex seasoning mix packets for this week’s product sampling.