FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements
On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks JAY CUTLER of the Chicago Bears, BRETT FAVRE of the Minnesota Vikings and BEN ROETHLISBERGER of the Pittsburgh Steelers are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on January 3, while running backs JAMAAL CHARLES of the Kansas City Chiefs, FRED JACKSON of the Buffalo Bills and WILLIS McGAHEE of the Baltimore Ravens are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx until Wednesday at 6 pm ET to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Wednesday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the “FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown” posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network’s RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Chicago’s JAY CUTLER threw four touchdowns completing 22 of 36 passes for 276 yards in the Bears’ 37 – 23 win over the Detroit Lions.
• Minnesota’s BRETT FAVRE threw four touchdowns completing 25 of 31 passes for 316 yards in the Vikings’ 44-7 win over the New York Giants.
• Pittsburgh’s BEN ROETHLISBERGER threw three touchdowns completing 18 of 27 passes for 220 yards in the Steelers’ 30 – 24 win over the Miami Dolphins.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Buffalo’s FRED JACKSON rushed 33 times for 212 yards and had one 15-yard receiving touchdown in the Bills’ 30 – 7 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
• Baltimore’s WILLIS McGAHEE rushed 16 times for 167 yards and three touchdowns, including one 77-yard run, to help the Ravens secure their spot in the Playoffs in a 21 – 13 win over the Oakland Raiders.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.